THE ROCHE CENTER OF MISSION INTEGRATION
D’Youville College is named for Marguerite d’Youville, an eighteenth century Canadian woman whose love of God inspired her to devote her life to the service of the poor and the alleviation of human need. Guided by the passion and devotion of Saint Marguerite, other women joined her, forming the first Grey Nun congregation. Their descendants, in turn, broadened this spirit of response to include education resulting in the founding of D’Youville College in 1908.
D’Youville College has named Rev. Dr. Robert J. Perelli, C.J.M. to the role of Vice President for Mission Integration, following the retirement of Sister Denise Roche, who served as president of the College for thirty-seven years. Under Perelli’s leadership, the Roche Center of Mission Integration will ensure that Saint Marguerite’s legacy be recognized through a dedication to educational excellence and a responsiveness to the D’Youville community and the surrounding community, as a whole.
Through the continued funding of the Roche Center of Mission Integration, D’Youville College will not only preserve but continue the mission of Saint Marguerite and the Grey Nuns in response to the emerging educational and societal needs of the times.